Saturday, January 3, 2009

Part 10

I was a little worried after Tracy left so suddenly after the phone call. I didn't know what to do. My first instinct was to retreat back into the hole I had buried myself in the past few months, but I didn't have time because there was a knock at the door. It startled me because I wasn't use to people coming over. I looked thru the peep hole. It was that girl..Melanie. How did she find out where I live. For a few seconds I contemplated just ignoring the knocking until she gave up and went away. But my curiousity was much to stong, so I opened the door.
"What are you doing here?", I asked her
"Thats a nice way to greet someone when they come over to make sure your ok", she said.
"How did you find out where I live..what are you stalking me or something, first the phone call and now you show up at my door."
She gasped and put her hand on her hip as if I had said something shocking to her.
"Excuse me but we get disconnected in the middle of a phone call and after that I couldn't get an answer..what was I suppose to think", she asked.
"You didn't have to think anything, I dont even know why you care so much, you dont even know me", he told her.
"You ever stop to think that maybe I was interested in getting to know you better", she asked.
He rolled his eyes
"I hate to burst your bubble but im not into dating right now".
"Who said anything about dating? You have something against having friends", she asked.
I didn't know what to say, so I just stood there, looking at her.
"You should come out with me sometimes, maybe see a movie or something", she said.
"That sounds like a date to me".
"Ok, well we can hang out at the mall or something", she tried again.
"I dont hang out".
"Why are you being so difficult! Ok, you pick something".
"I'd rather now", he said.
"Well, since your being so stubborn, Im just gonna drop by everyday to check on you."
He rolled his eyes again.
"If I agree to go out with you will promise to back off and give me some space".
"I promise!", she agreed happily
"Just this once..you can ride with me to the mall, I need to pick something up anyway".
"Great!"
"You mind waiting outside in your car while I change", he asked.
"Oh yeah..but dont keep me waiting too long", she said.
"If I do, will you give up and leave", he asked.
"Ha ha..so not funny, its hot outside and I have no ac in my car. So a decent human being wouldn't leave me waiting to long".
She turned to walk away, and I quickly closed the door. I really wasnt ready for this but this chick just wasnt letting up.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

His ghostly girlfriend is going to be pissed!

*M*

Unknown said...

He better be careful Miss Ghosty not gonna like it!!

SharoninWonderland said...

Whooo, don't let Tracey find out!!

:O

(You do not understand how much I LOVE these.)