Monday, May 25, 2009

Chapter 4

Amy had no idea where her day had went to. She didn't meet up with Kasey like she usually did. So she had no way of knowing what had happened. She had woken up on her bed, still in the same clothes she had wore the day before. She ran to the bathroom to check herself out in the mirror. Nothing looked out of the ordinary. Besides her hair being a little messy, nothing seemed altered or out of place. She rolled her tongue around in her mouth, searching for a distinguishable taste. Lifting her hand up to her mouth she blew and sniffed. Certain that she hadnt been drinking, she sighed in relief. Still annoyed that she couldn't rememeber the missing hours, she quickly pushed that from her mind when she remembered, she had a job to do. She crawled across the bed, picked up her cordless phone and dialed Kaseys number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kasey..its me."

"Is everything ok?", Kasey asked.

"Yeah..at least I hope so. We didn't go out today did we?"

"No. I came by. You didnt come out so I figured either you weren't home or still sleeping."

"Oh..not sure what I was doing."

"Another black out?"

"Yeah, I think so. But I know this time it wasnt from drinking. I seriously think something is wrong with me."

"I think you should see a Dr.", Kasey urged.

"You know I dont like doctors. I'll be fine."

"Sure..just trying to be a friend."

"I appreciate that Kasey, really I do. I just dont think this is something a Dr. can help me with."

"Well..Im here, you know."

"I know...hey, you still picking me up right?"

"As far as I know. What time?"

"8:30pm. I gotta be there at 9."

"Alright. I have to run and do a couple things first but I'll be there by 8:30. See you then, ok?"

"Yeah, see you. Bye."

"Bye"

Amy hung up the phone. She was nervous. She loved to sing but she wasnt used to singing in front of people. She decided to go ahead and get ready. Sitting around thinking about it was making her nerves worse. After she got dressed she would stand in the mirror and practice singing with her hair brush while she waited for her friend to pick her up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm I wonder why she keeps blacking out??? I will have to keep reading;)

Unknown said...

That doesnt sound good her blacking out like that

Amelia said...

Yeah blacking out isn't good especially if it's unexplainable..