Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chapter 14


Jackson was standing at Orchid's door. Still struggling with the questions that rang out in his head. Knocking hard on the door he waited. A few seconds later he heard shuffling behind the door. A soft voice whispered,

"Who is it?"

He was thrown back for a second. He looked around, making sure he was at the right place. Certain that he hadn't made a mistake, he lifted his hand to knock again, but stopped when she asked again, this time a little louder,

"who is it?"

"Its Jackson", he said loudly.

It was quiet behind the door for a moment and then he heard the lock on the door being turned. He looked up as the door eased opened slowly. She didn't open it all the way, only slightly, yet wide enough to see her face. It was definately her. She had sounded different thru the door.

"Hey. You said that I should stop by today."

She squinted her eyes at him.

"What?", she asked.

"You remember lastnight, I gave you a ride home.."

"Oh! Lastnight. Im sorry...I...I dont remember. Lastnight was..I think..who are you?", she stumbled.

"Jackson. I mean we dont really know eachother but we met lastnight."

"Lastnight is kind of a blur", she said.

"You mind if I come in?", he asked.

She shook her head wildly.

"No, no..you cant come in."

"But you said lastnight.."

"I already told you I dont remember lastnight!", she yelled.

He held his hands up quickly as in surrender.

"Look Orchid, I know you dont remember me but I really need to talk to you, its very important."

"What did you call me?"

"Orchid."

"Are you sure you've got the right person? My name is Amy."

3 comments:

Amanda said...

((((((((((((MELISSA)))))))))))))))I would love to see what would happend ext,that is very scary and probllay happends in real life to.

Unknown said...

Looks like she might have split personality

Unknown said...

Oh I see she is like Sybil with different personalities