Friday, October 10, 2008

My Girlfriends Ghost


She's been gone now for 6 months. I miss her more and more each day. Some how it feels unfair that she's gone and Im still here. I miss her smile, I miss her laugh, I miss the feel of her body wrapped around me at night. I miss the way she'd steal the covers. I miss the smell of bacon on those rare mornings she felt like cooking. I even miss the fights we had every now and then. I miss the make up sex even more. Excuse my manners, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Andrew Vigerson.
He looked up at the faces that surrounded him in the small circle.
I still cant believe my cousin convinced me to join a support group. Im grieving just fine on my own. I think I'd better go back a little bit first. My family thinks I haven't properly grieved the loss of my girlfriend because...sometimes..I still see her. I still hear her, I even talk to her. You might say I'm having a relationship with my girlfriends ghost. I know this may sound crazy, whats even crazier is that Im sitting here telling this to a bunch of strangers. My family says I need to let her go. But I dont want to. The only reason I agreed to come here is because Im starting to feel like I do need help. I've started to miss work alot. I dont talk to my friends or family anymore. I just sit in my apartment, waiting..hoping for another encounter. I know that I cant go on like this. I dont know what to do or where to turn. How do you let go of the one thing that keeps you holding on?






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

That was good, I think you should add more!!!!

Amelia said...

Will there be more?

*M*

Yasmin said...

Very good, I enjoyed reading that you got the feeling just right.

Yasmin
x

Unknown said...

Very good. I enjoyed it a lot. Was just wondering is there gonna be more?? Alvia

Diama ~*a.k.a*~ Cherry said...

YAHH A HALLOWEEN GOODY!!

SharoninWonderland said...

What a brilliant question...one I've been trying to answer all my life.