Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chapter 16


"First thing I need to know, what is your name?"

"I told you, Amy."

"Do you sometimes go by a nickname?"

"No. Everyone calls me Amy."

"So, you've never been called Orchid?"

"Never."

"And you dont remember anything about lastnight?"

"I remember singing at that club. I went out to eat with my friend..but after that, I just cant remember. Was I drunk lastnight?"

"You seemed pretty sober to me", he said.

She nodded her head but said nothing more.

"Does that happen often? Forgetting things?"

"Sometimes", she said as she looked down at the table.
By that time a waitress had come over but he waved her away.

"Amy, do you have any enemies?"

"Not that I know of. I mean, Im sure im not everyones favorites but.."

"Anyone who'd want to hurt you?", he asked.

Her eyes grew wide.

"Not that I know of, why?"

"Because I think you might be in danger", he said.

"Now your starting to scare me. What aren't you telling me?


"Do you think someone is out to get me?", she asked.

He looked her in her eyes and nodded slowly. She sat back in the booth, sliding down as if the air was slowly seeping out of her.

"Amy, this is serious. I know this comes as a shock to you, but you need to be completely honest with me. Has anything strange happened to you? Even if it seems crazy, I need to know. Even the smallest detail could be important."

She sat up straight, smoothing back a strand of hair that had fallen out of place.

"Something strange has been happening for awhile now. But its going to sound weird."

"Im all ears", Jackson said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wondering if some body could be drugging her some way!!

Unknown said...

A hit man with a heart! I hope he can save her, if only from herself.